[AMRadio] 75 Meter Contact

david knepper collinsradio at adelphia.net
Sun Oct 15 20:57:16 EDT 2006

Called CQ on 3880 Khz this afternoon and thank goodness on my 5th attempt a
very nice gentleman from Fort Washington, Maryland called me on "slop
bucket" - I mean SSB.  I caught my call and quickly turned the emission
control on my Collins 75A-1 to CW to make contact.  He switched his rice box
to AM and we had a very delightful QSO on two-way AM.

Perhaps, I need to turn on my BFO from now on since the AMers were obviously
outside enjoying the nice Autumn day!

Dave, W3ST
Publisher of the Collins Journal
www.collinsra.com - the CRA Website
Now with PayPal
CRA Nets: 3.805 Mhz every Monday at 8 PM EDST
and 14.253 Mhz every Saturday at 12 Noon EDST
Collins Chatroom - Daily at 4 PM EDST on 7.203 Mhz