[AMRadio] TS430 as VFO on a KNIGHT T60

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Mon Oct 16 09:01:22 EDT 2006

My two cents...
Its rare a controlled carrier rig sounds good.

For myself, I don't want to run something that sounds
like crap, no mater how vintage or efficient it is
into an amplifier.

I also seem to have given up on low power, and don't want any
rigs that run 100 watts or less, except as exciters
for bigger RF decks.

A lot of this stuff is fun to play with, but as a rig
you want to use on the air, they don't usually cut it.

In my case, the small stuff just sat around the shack
or got used once every 6 months for 10 minutes till
I switched to the bigger rigs.

There are guys who love using the old small rigs though,
running a DX40 or DX60 with an outboard VFO and/or modulator,
into an amp, and a crappy receiver with an outboard IF and rf amp,
and outboard audio, etc.

I suppose it's a challenge they like...
Something for everyone on AM!

Brett