[AMRadio] New Old Rig Heard

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 09:48:42 EDT 2006

On 10/13/06, Mike Duke, K5XU <k5xu at jam.rr.com> wrote:

> Last night was one of those rare occurrences. The 2e26 rig I heard was a
> Subraco transmitter.

Another one to listen for is the 'Babblecock' (Babcock) which also
runs a 2E26 and is in the same league as the Subraco for size and
output. I saw Mike, W1RC get one of these free some years ago at the
Rochester NH Hosstraders hamfest. Nifty little transmitter. I had a
couple of those small Gonset Commander transmitters, but sent them
both to new homes without getting them on the air.

Some nights you can actually run low power AM on 75, but seldom. Not
only because of the garbage on the band, but also as winter progresses
and the band goes long, far off signals can wipe out a flea powered
rig.

~ Todd  KA1KAQ