[AMRadio] Zero beating

A.R.S. - W5AMI ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 13:52:18 EDT 2006

I have a BC-221 here along with a freq. counter coupled to it.  The
221 also couples close enough to my rx where I can use it to zero beat
a signal heard and at the same time see the freq. on the counter.  If
the osc. in the tx does not get it perfect, I can immediately tune to
the correct freq. I zeroed on the 221/counter as soon as I transmit.

The Bc-221 is a handy piece of gear that many hams used to have as
standard equipment, and can be found at hamfests for little money.  I
paid $15 for mine about 7 years ago.  The freq counter was less than
$50 used.

Brian / w5ami