[AMRadio] Zero beating

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 14:04:46 EDT 2006

I was talking with a couple of guys up here on Saturday on 3.888 and
had to ask one of the guys to come up onto our frequency because he
was on 85. If I jump right on the air without letting the rig warm up
for a bit, I wander around also.

Another side of it though, is the SSB stations who zero-beat an AM qso
and interfere that way. Had several doing this last week. So some of
the guys tune just slightly off one way or the other, to make this a
less-desirable option. But we're talking a few cycles, not 5-6 kcs.
Sure, they can notch out the main carrier, but notching out several
slightly different ones isn't quite as easy.

>From what I heard last night, the increase in phone spectrum won't
stop the few lids who want to intentionally interfere. They sought out
AMers no matter where they went. It's not a space issue for them, it's
a poor attitude and minimal (if any) education.

~ Todd  KA1KAQ