[AMRadio] Zero beating

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Mon Oct 16 16:40:38 EDT 2006

Its easy to be critical.
I hear and have worked people way off frequency,
over modulated, way under modulated, people with really wide
signals, people with truly nasty sounding audio, etc.

Some don't like to get reports of the above, and will not
believe such a report.

Others are more open minded.

Some run old crazy lash ups, or develop a problem while on
the air, and some ricebox rigs have odd frequency offsets.

I run a freq counter (you can get one cheap), used to use a ricebox
exciter with a digital frequency display, scope to look at modulation
(both TX and RX), and a mod monitor with audio output to the headphones.

Others just have a DX100 and an old receiver that only displays
what PART of 40 meters you might be on...

Now that I am using a 32V3 as an exciter, I check the TX freq
often, it does not drift much, but you never know...

Brett
N2DTS