[AMRadio] Octal Sockets.... more Ranger stuff

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Sun Oct 22 08:46:04 EDT 2006

Jack I have successfully removed pins from other sockets and inserted them
into the desired socket.  Look at how the pins are locked in and use either
a set of long nose pliers or a small jeweler's flat blade screwdriver to
remove them.

Then careful insert them into the desired socket.  I have managed to do that
on 9 pin octal, 7 & 9 pin miniature as well.  Just takes a little work.
There is a tang that holds the pins in place.  Just straighten it to get the
lock past the shoulder and push the pin out with a tube or sharp pointed
pick.

73  Jim
W5JO