[AMRadio] Octal Sockets.... more Ranger stuff

Jack Schmidling jack at schmidling.com
Sun Oct 22 12:51:16 EDT 2006

Jim Wilhite wrote:
> Jack the end that you solder to is the part that slides up through to
> the top of the socket.  The little locking tab will be right at the base
> of the bottom.  The contact that the tube pins slide into come up.

Thanks.  No problem... just gave it a bit of a twist and it pushed right
up.  Unfortunately, I need that one for the cathode but it proves that
replacing pins is a lot easier than replacing the socket.

Now the question is.... where do I get another socket with removable pins?

I also need a complete socket for the crystal holder.

Anyone out there have such critters and willing to part for a price or
otherwise?

js