[AMRadio] Octal Sockets.... more Ranger stuff

Jack Schmidling jack at schmidling.com
Sun Oct 22 13:55:27 EDT 2006

I put 3 pics of the most serious problem areas on my web site:

http://schmidling.com/r_mod.jpg    Is a view of the bottom of the mod
tube sockets

http://schmidling.com/r_mod1.jpg   Is the way the top looked before I
removed the xtal and cap.  I just stuck them back in for the pic.

http://schmidling.com/r_xtal.jpg  Is what the crystal socket area looks
like.

Unfortunately, without 3-D, you can't see all the dangling wires. I
guess that is where the pict drawings become useful.

I am also trying to figure out how to fool my camera.  Seems like I lose
control when the flash is used no matter what manual setting I force. It
just supplies the light it thinks it needs and always overexposes close
ups.  It's a digital Rebel and I suspect it is smart enough but I
haven't figured it out yet.

js