[AMRadio] Ranger stuff

Jack Schmidling jack at schmidling.com
Tue Oct 24 00:39:17 EDT 2006

Now I have a mystery.  I am pulling out the solid state mod in the power
supply and putting tubes back in.

The mystery is that there are 13 wires coming out of the power xformer
and only 11 according to the manual.

After removing all the junk, all the voltages are correct.  The problem
is that the HV wires going to the plates of rectifier are not red but
yellow with red stripes.

The red wires seem to be the extra ones and seem to go to the power/mode
switch but I can not say for sure.  They come down from the xformer, are
neatly laced into a bundle, travel to the front, up a hole and into the
switch or key deck.

I haven't a clue what they are for and do not agree with either of the
manuals I have.

Anyone out there have any clues?