[AMRadio] Gates BC-1H Dimensions and Weight

neal Newman cozy659 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 27 13:42:07 EDT 2006

I Moved my gates BC-1H by myself in a ford F-150 Van.
if you remove the transformers.
The total weight is around 550-600lbs
Pictures Of it in my van  and in its new home.
 can be seen at
http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/wttm/gates.html

I have not yet worked on it  been busy with the day job.
 what Band do you plan on using it on  160 or 75?
or both.
 I have heard of guys getting the BC-1h as a triband rig
40-75 and 160    Sounds like too much work and modifications.
Stay in touch..

Neal- KA2CAF
East Coast Regional Engineer- MRBI
wzrc,wkdm,wwru,wpat,wjdm,wnsw,whwh,wttm,wfbr,wibg,wygg-fm,wupc-fm