[AMRadio] Heath tubes

k0ng at inebraska.com k0ng at inebraska.com
Sat Oct 28 16:43:42 EDT 2006

Alan:  I have a friend whose HR-10B does the same thing. A new tube may not
fix the problem. We have speculated that the voltage regulator for the
converter tube might not be stable enough or changeing the gain
control setting
may cause the load to the HF oscillator to shift which would indicate the need
for a buffer between oscillator and mixer. Again this is just speculation but
I would expect this low cost receiver to shift a bit. My Drake 2C does the
same thing but only when I turn up or down the volume! Not the same circuit
but similiar results. Good luck.

Charlie, K0NG