[AMRadio] 15 & 10 meters

Mike Duke, K5XU k5xu at jam.rr.com
Sat Oct 28 20:27:01 EDT 2006

Ever wondered how a contest will cause the bands to open for the duration of
the event, then immediately die again? Excluding 6 meters, you rarely see
the bands dead during a contest, and full of life afterwards.

As was mentioned in another post, both 15 and 10 were open today. Judging by
the strength of the ssb signals into Mississippi, AM would have probably
been marginal at best.

However, I suspect some good AM contacts could have occurred on 15 if we
could have plowed through the piles of contesters.

I'll try to monitor 21.425 as much as possible on Sunday just in case any AM
appears. Then, I'll move up the band if necessary.

How's that for optimism?

Mike Duke, K5XU