[AMRadio] 220 volt AC Power Question

Larry Will lhwill at verizon.net
Tue Oct 31 08:00:33 EST 2006

John,

See NEC 250.134(B).  There is a discussion in my NEC handbook showing
why the safety (ground) conductoe should be run with the neutral and
hot conductors.  Its for making a low impedance for cancelling
magnetic fields.  You can have a ground stake as you have but you
should also have the ground going back to the panelboard right with
the hot and neutral.

By the way NEC also has a complete section on amateur radio antennas
and most of us do not meet code there as well.

All this is important when it comes to insurance.

Regards,

Larry
W3LW
PE in PA and NJ.