[AMRadio] 6 meter AM

charles L. mjcal77 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 6 16:06:03 EDT 2006

I know not too many folks are in the Western NC or SC
area, but we have had a nice net going on for a few
years now on 50.4 Mhz AM, starting at 8 PM on
Tuesdays.  Besides a couple of more modern rigs, alot
of classics are still radiating.  Benton Harbor
Lunchboxes, Ameco TX62's, Clegg, to mention a few.
Have not had much luck migrating the group to 2 meters
yet though.  One thing VHF nets prove though, is why
repeaters were invented.  You could wear out a couple
rotors trying to work everybody on one evenings net.

Charlie, W4MEC in NC