[AMRadio] Hickok

John Lawson jpl15 at panix.com
Thu Sep 7 16:59:16 EDT 2006

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006, Rick Brashear wrote:

> Well... I have another one that doesn't seem to have any subs.  It's a 5651
> gas regulator.  Does anyone know of a substitution or the Hickok settings?

   Hmmm - if you know the regulation voltage, and its a simple 2-element
tube, like an 0D3 or similar  - you might want to just hook (clipleads)
it up, with a say, 2K 10W resistor in series, to a 0 - 200 VDC power
supply, then start at 0V and turn it up until the tube just fires, then
read that voltage.

   That's all the Hickok is going to do.....

Cheers

John