[AMRadio] JOTA

John E. Coleman (ARS WA5BXO) wa5bxo2006 at pctechref.com
Mon Sep 11 15:23:28 EDT 2006

Jamboree On The Air (JOTA) is a world wide event for Scouts and Ham Radio.
This year it will take place on Oct 20 through 22
My scout group, Troop 1772, will be camping at the Galveston Island State
Park and participating in the event.  I will be there Friday afternoon
getting things setup.  You may want to come and visit if you are in the
area. Help will be appreciated and names will be taken.  Hope you can all
participate on are off Site.  Just taking the time to talk to a scout on the
air could mean so much to the scout and ham radio.  I will have a old AM
receiver there as well as a TS830.

John Coleman
WA5BXO