[AMRadio] BC-610-E

James M. Walker chejmw at acsu.buffalo.edu
Wed Sep 13 06:56:43 EDT 2006

Welll,
A long time ago I tried the DowKey route, After
experiencing the "Zorch" phenomenon, I went to the
E.F. Johnson TR switch. Mainly for the power handling
capabilities, but also for the small amount of amplification
to the receiver, when in receive mode, the TRswitch RX
output is around 150 - 300 ohms which goes well with the
input on the HQ-129(X).

There is 115VAC available (on the E model modulator deck)
however it will require splicing into the lines. Also be careful
of the sequencing, especially with the R-390(*) receiver.

YMMV
Jim
WB2FCN