[AMRadio] Vintage recordings and preservation

A.R.S. - W5AMI ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 23:04:31 EDT 2006

On 9/17/06, SBJohnston at aol.com <SBJohnston at aol.com> wrote:
> been very interesting.  Many, many AM signals, lots of hetrodynes - all would
> have sounded a lot different from today.
>
> Your suggestion to preserve, and make available online, samples of past ham
> activity is a really great idea!

I'm the same way about my old ham magazines Steve.  I will get a stack
of them from the bookcase and sit for hours reading through them,
almost to the point where I sort of feel like I'm back in time.

The other day I was looking at some real old family photos my father
got from his father many years ago.  It occurred to me that I needed
to get all of them scanned and placed on multiple DVD or CDs, maybe
even put some in the safety deposit box.  Somehow, I switched gears
while thinking about the photos and thought about all the ham
recordings that have been made over the years and wondered how many
were still out there somewhere, and how to go about getting them.  If
they do exist, it would be a shame to not do something with them.