[AMRadio] Vintage recordings and preservation

John Lawson jpl15 at panix.com
Mon Sep 18 11:18:07 EDT 2006

   Along with the other Volunteers - I'd like to offer my services in
regard to restoring and preserving old audio recordings.  I have over 20
years professional experience, and a lifetime of messing around with,
audio and music electronics.  I'm recently retired from 20 years in the
film business, all in post-production, the last 10 years as Chief
Engineer, MGM Studios.  I have always maintained a 'personal' studio (or
two), and I continue to do media restoration and recovery for lots of
clients worldwide.  I can play anything from Edison cylinders on up, and
I've made a specialty of restoring damaged media - broken records,
partially erased tapes, water/smoke damge, etc etc.

     I'd be very pleased to offer whatever help I can be toward the
preservation efforts of our history and legacy.  So if you've got any old
cassettes, tapes, wires, or discs, etc., etc., I would like to join the
folks here who have generously offered to help with this.  I have pile of
machinery and devices, and an extensive suite of restoration products,
generally as ProTools plugins, and can deliver the Results as downloadable
files, or of course CDs or DVDs.

     Contact me off-list is there's anything I can do to help out.

   Cheers

John  KB6SCO
Carson City DM09fg