[AMRadio] VHS Video of AM Operators

Ed Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Tue Sep 19 08:11:22 EDT 2006

Good Morning All,

This talk about OT audio recordings clicked a bulb of remembrance from deep
withen my feeble brain...

Way back, in the early 90's, when dawn AM roundtabling on 1888-KHz ---
spearheaded by none other than Dick (W2UJR) --- was in vogue, Brian (WB8JBT)
got the notion to start a "pass around" VHS video tape of the different
"regulars". Every participant who received the tape was obliged to film
himself & his rigs/antennas, and then pass the tape on...

Well, mine was the LAST entry onto the tape, before I passed it on to Dick
for a look-see, who, in turn, returned the original to Brian (this was
before he moved south). I made a copy for myself before I mailed it,
though...

The tape shows WB8JBT, N8UJR, KB8QF, myself, and a host of others...and I
still have it, and enjoy viewing it whenever the mood strikes me.

I wonder if such a thing might not be a bad idea to repeat to-day...?

~73!~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ