[AMRadio] VHS Video of AM Operators

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 11:36:44 EDT 2006

On 9/19/06, Brian Carling <bcarling at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> Eddy you really oughta make a DVD copy of that thing for posterity.
> VHS won't last forever!

Absolutely! Tape has a limited shelf life, and even when it's new, it
can stick together and become toast.

I think it's a great idea to get something like this going, Ed. We
used to pass books around on some of the lists, and each person would
sign inside the cover along with date and maybe a brief comment.
Edward Beech's Blind Man's Bluff is the last one I recall going
around, about submarine warfare. Not AM radio, but still pretty cool.

I'm not very video-savvy on these things, but I know you can get
decent cameras for very little money now, and it shouldn't be
difficult to pipe the audio in. Steve, WB3HUZ has a lot of mp3 files
posted on the AM Window site, accessible through amfone. Most are from
the last decade or so, but he does have a number of older recordings
posted. As well, there are others floating around like the 'short
talker' W2OY "..no lids, no kids, no matter how wonderful you think
you are with the pho-netics"...

~ Todd  KA1KAQ