[AMRadio] Seeking advice on testing modulation transformers

Mike Sawyer w3slk at uplink.net
Wed Sep 20 19:12:40 EDT 2006

Mark,
    I have found that the best way to check a transformer is to use a HI Pot
tester or an insulation tester like a megger with about 5kv capability. I'm
fortunate to have access to a 5KV jobber at work. Anything less than 500K
ohms would be suspect.
You could go to Rich Measures webpage. I believe he has a neat schematic for
HI pot testing tubes which would accomplish the same thing.
Mod-U-Lator,
Mike(y)
W3SLK