[AMRadio] Re: capacitors

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 09:09:46 EDT 2006

On 9/20/06, A.R.S. -  W5AMI <ars.w5ami at gmail.com> wrote:
> Rick,
>
> For all my coupling caps, I order the Sprauge orange drops from Mouser
> Electronics.

These are now made by SBE in Barre VT, in the same old plant with some
of the same equipment Sprague used. Updated processes and materials,
excellent quality, made in the USA. A couple of local guys started SBE
when Sprague was selling off divisions and closing down plants. A few
years ago, they sold the business to a ham named Ed Sawyer who used to
be a 7 or 8, but  think sports a new 1-Area call to correctly reflect
his location. Recently they've made some quatum leaps in developing
special caps for hybrid vehicles. Cool stuff.

Just a bit of trivial info. I'm always glad to know that my dollars
are staying here and supporting our businesses. The fact that a fellow
ham is running the show makes it all the better. And Orange Drops have
a certain 'buzzardly factor' to them (in a 50s/60s kinda way).

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ