[AMRadio] VT to OK on AM

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Mon Sep 25 14:49:52 EDT 2006

160 was a little disappointing last year.  I never did hear the NE like I
did last night on 80.  All the transmission were on the Inverted L that I
put up for 160.

I use a tuner to get it on 80 and strangely the noise was less on it than
the dipole.  That contributed greatly to copying Brent, Todd and Tim.  I
switched to the dipole to receive several times and the noise was almost as
loud as the signals.  Oh well, who cares what kind of antenna makes the
connection, it was nice to have that good a path.  We all talked long enough
for you to warm up Brian.  No more excuses.

Many times I was caught in the situation you have Todd.  Just as conditions
were improving I had to move.  You need to take a good station on down and
install it so it will be ready to turn on after the move.  You then can
store the rest with confidence.  The path from here to Florida opens
frequently.

73  Jim
W5JO