[AMRadio] Another great night on 80 meters - recording of W2ZM

A.R.S. - W5AMI ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 00:52:24 EDT 2006

Good long haul propagation on 80 meters tonight.  The local (0 - 300
mile) stations were not copyable at all, however the east and west
coast were heard here Q5.  Here is a recording I made from my QTH of
Bob/W2ZM in Penn Yan, NY (Upstate) while in QSO with him.  There were
others, Bob/K0NT in Joplin, MO, and a station in Cleveland, TX that I
was unable to hear.  This was recorded with a Flex Radio SDR-1000
w/synchronous AM detector using the 8 KC filter, and no pre/post
processing:

http://w5ami.net/W2ZM 3.885011MHz 9-26-2006 11 17 10 PM.mp3

As you can hear on this recording, Bob was very strong into Arkansas
tonight.  He reported my signal as S9 +30.  I was running the SDR into
a single 3cx1500a7 amp.

73 Brian
w5ami