[AMRadio] Best Boatanchor

KB2WIG at twcny.rr.com KB2WIG at twcny.rr.com
Wed Sep 27 23:44:50 EDT 2006

Dan,
 You did ask for suggestions .. so .....get a cheep dixie 60 and get
on the air... your neighbors can't always be home...

Anyway, Sometimes.. you can pick up an Hammurlund SP600 or maybe a
Hallicrafters sx 28 for a few bills.. there buzzardly, and are real
boatanchors. Ask around or go to the local hamfests fer a look
see///   klc

"I want suggestions on what my first one should be. I am
> living in a duplex so a xmitter is out of the questions, so I
thought I'd
> get a "nice" receiver to listen on.

 I'd like to find soemthing in the $300-