[AMRadio] Best Boatanchor

Donald Sanders w4bws at comcast.net
Wed Sep 27 23:51:33 EDT 2006

I bought a HQ170 at a hamfest 2 years ago that the
fellow rightly said was deaf. Well it lit up and no
smoke so for $75.00 it was a good bet. Found
someone had installed a 12 BE6 mixer in place
of the 6BE6. Put in the right tube and it was a
really great receiver. Used it on SSB, CW and
AM for a year and found it very good. I already
had 4 other receivers- I mostly use my 75S3B and
SX111. I swapped it for a IC735 for my truck to
go mobile.
Both parties were very happy with the swap.

Healthfully yours,
                          Don W4BWS