[AMRadio] Anybody roll some tape ?

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 09:28:05 EDT 2006

On 9/26/06, A.R.S. -  W5AMI <ars.w5ami at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yep, as a matter of fact I got HUZ last night.  I turned the TX off
> just before he called me.  Todd was in there too, however not like he
> was the night before.  I did talk to Todd just briefly, but didn't get
> a recording.

Howdy Brian and list -

Been out sick for a coupla days, so didn't respond. It was good
catching up with you on the air, Brian. Steve must be in a sweet spot
for the northeast, because I always hear him LOUD up here. Maybe he's
close to the salt water or?

Just before I went off the air that night I tuned around and heard
K0NT (?) booming in from Missouri. Almost as loud as 'HUZ. I was too
crapped out to talk anymore so I just pulled the switch.

Paul: some time ago I listened to the little audio clip you put
together for one of the HMR events and it got me to thinking...
perhaps you could put together a compilation of on air clips between
stations, with a bit of narration about each station? You certainly
posses the voice and verbal skills for such things. As well, you're
very familiar with most of the ops from your decades on the air. Not
only would it be a help to us now, today, but hopefully to future
AMers as well.

This isn't meant to somehow compete with or replace the current effort
to collect and transfer material to a better format like CD/DVD, more
to complement and add some context.

BTW, I worked Don K4KYV night-before-last for the better part of an
hour. VERY solid signal from Don, with nice, full audio. Those
HF-300s/810s really do the trick. W2INR was the furthest I could do
last night, too much noise on the band. Hadn't talked to him on the
air since '94 or so.

~ Todd  KA1KAQ