[AMRadio] AM Forum

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Mon Apr 2 22:19:18 EDT 2007

Brett, I am echoing your activity on 40.  There is a group
who meet on Sat. and Sun. about 7160 or so at 3 PM your
time.  Up until last year, I could hear them all.  They are
in Texas, Louisiana, Southern Miss. and Arkansas and I can't
hear all of them now.  So I don't join in as I did in the
past.  On 7.290 - 93 I cannot hear many stations at all.
There is a station in Rio Ranchos, NM that until the last
year I could hear, but not now.  He is regularly in
conversation with several stations on the weekend now.

80 meters can be the same way at times here.  Most signals I
hear in the evening hours from up your way are ok, but I
can't recover enough audio to identify most of them so I
don't join.  I have attempted to break into their
roundtables in the past, just to be ignored.  There are some
up that way that will talk to us, but many do not like our
operating mode. So I avoid even trying to work them.  Some
of them are on 1.885 in the evening, but the signals from up
there are not strong enough to even hear the audio.  I have
the same treatment on that board so I am reading it only.  I
will not make any posts unless specifically asked a
question.

Recently a guy there wanted some DX 100 parts that I
happened to have.  It took me a week to get boxes and pack
the material and he has refused to answer posted or even
direct messages although he told me he wanted the stuff.  I
packed more than he asked to be sent, but now it is if I
don't exist.  He, just this past week reposted for the same
parts.  I sent him another message telling him that I had
the stuff ready and he hasn't had the courtesy to respond.
This is indicative of the treatment many of us down here
receive.

I am not trying to drive a wedge between any of the AM
people around the country, but am quite tired of this
treatment and hope that many of us who live in this part of
the country will move over to Ted's board where we can have
a civil exchange.  I hope you do join over there.  Spirited
discussions are always fun.

Jim
W5JO