[AMRadio] AM Forum

A.R.S. - W5AMI ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 23:18:42 EDT 2007

On 4/2/07, Bill Smith <hbco2 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I for one would like to see 5-land AM activity on 3870.  We seem to have a
> very active, if few in number, contingent of SSB operator(s) on the West
> Coast Calling Frequency.  Where are AM operators?  There is only one station
> from Oklahoma who checks in regularly to the West Coast AMI net, Wednesday's
> at 8:00pm, 7:00pm Central Time.  He also participates in groups that form on
> other nights of the week.
>
> If there are > 100 stations operating AM in Texas, why none on 3870?

Bill,

There is a large SSB group in Texas on 3870 every night, all night
long.  I have checked into the AMI net on 3870 myself, but only when
the band went long and the SSB guys in TX couldn't hear me, and I
couldn't hear them.  The time your AMI starts is prime time for this
Texas SSB group, and I would be breaking rules if I jumped in on AM
right on top of them to check in.