[AMRadio] AM Forum

Bow kd5kzn at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 3 05:18:20 EDT 2007

That would be my problem as well!

Bow

W5EFR

-----Original Message-----
From: amradio-bounces at mailman.qth.net
[mailto:amradio-bounces at mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of A.R.S. - W5AMI
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 22:19
To: Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] AM Forum

On 4/2/07, Bill Smith <hbco2 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I for one would like to see 5-land AM activity on 3870.  We seem to
> have a very active, if few in number, contingent of SSB operator(s) on
> the West Coast Calling Frequency.  Where are AM operators?  There is
> only one station from Oklahoma who checks in regularly to the West
> Coast AMI net, Wednesday's at 8:00pm, 7:00pm Central Time.  He also
> participates in groups that form on other nights of the week.
>
> If there are > 100 stations operating AM in Texas, why none on 3870?

Bill,

There is a large SSB group in Texas on 3870 every night, all night long.  I
have checked into the AMI net on 3870 myself, but only when the band went
long and the SSB guys in TX couldn't hear me, and I couldn't hear them.  The
time your AMI starts is prime time for this Texas SSB group, and I would be
breaking rules if I jumped in on AM right on top of them to check in.
word unsubscribe in the message body.