[AMRadio] AM Forum

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Tue Apr 3 09:26:45 EDT 2007

Bill some years back I lived in Las Cruces, NM and  operated
on 3.870 plus 7.293 where I met many congenial hams.
Bill/W7US, Dennis/W7QHO, Gary/ W7GMK and Lock/W1ZD all of
which participated in the 3.870 group.  When I moved from
there to Texas, they took the initiative to contact me by
email as a friend a compatriot.  That remains today and
recently Lock and Gary looked me up to invite me back.

That is the kind of thing that makes friends.  It is not the
attitude I receive from the other coast.  I do wish I could
communicate with the West coast, but the group of SSBers
Brian mentioned are adamant about causing trouble.

They set up shop there some years ago when propagation was
such that they could not hear you guys out there.  Now that
they can, they constantly complain about the "interference".
Really the best alternative is to change frequency for small
roundtables, but that would be difficult to achieve.

Other than that, we could get on SSB and tell them we are
going to join you and get ready for the fight.  That is
about our only options at this point.

I do wish civility prevailed in these matters but, sadly, it
doesn't.

73  Jim
W5JO