[AMRadio] West Coast Activity?

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 12:45:34 EDT 2007

On 4/3/07, Craig K6QI <k6qi at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Anybody still doing the coast to coast late
> night 40 meter stuff? The band seems to go long enough
> when I listen when I get home around 01:00 AM Pacific.

Haven't tried 40, Craig (never thought to, due to the foreign BC
stations), but I was able to work Mike KO6NM, Jim K6SFD(?), George
WA6HCX, and Dave WJ6W a few weeks back on 3875, early morning hours
here. We had excellent conditions and nearly a 2 hour roundtable
between Vermont and California. John KB6SCO was in there too, but
light copy, and Lynn K7KC came in towards the end from Salt Lake City
with a big signal. Most of the stations sounded like locals.

Conditions will slowly deteriorate as summer approaches, but it sure was fun!

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ