[AMRadio] RE: [AM Radio] West Coast Activity?

Bob Macklin macklinbob at msn.com
Tue Apr 3 12:59:47 EDT 2007

Craig wd8kdg comments:

<<Your location puts you in the heart of the majority of the AM ops in the
pacific northwest. Could your receiver need some attention?>>

The main problem with the NW AM group is I am in a valley at the west side
of the Cascade foothills. All the predominant AMers are over the hill NE of
me. I think the ground wave is just not making it here at the present time.

I have been using my SB-301 the AM filter for listening to 3870. It is in
good condition. The major problem is the indoor antenna.

But then I can sometimes receive W1AW CW practice on 80M. Very strong.

The only 40M phone I have found has been SSB and then mostly during
contests.

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Near Seattle, Wa