[AMRadio] West Coast Activity?

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Tue Apr 3 14:05:19 EDT 2007

I admit, I mostly listen in the usual places, I
don't tune all over all the bands every time I turn
the equipment on.
Last Saturday and Sunday I listened and called CQ on 7285 and up
for 1/2 hour with no response.
I also tuned around 3870 to 3890 and heard KG2IR in QSO with someone
weak and decided against jumping in.

I rarely get on AM at night because of the XYL and neighbors
watching VCR's and the lack of anything interesting.
It seems like old friends goofing off (which is fine).

There are groups on 80 I wont join, although I would talk to
most of them individually.

I don't listen all that much at night but I don't hear a lot
I object to, some stuff does not seem appropriate for radio,
and maybe if I listened all the time it would bother me.

Working someone new from 4 land or any other place is always
a treat for me, that happens mostly on 40 where I spend
most of my time.

New people are interesting, they do different things, have
different radios, different weather, etc.

I find it hard to believe there is any real bias against
any area, but there are close knit groups of people that
talk, visit, go to fests, swap equipment and know each
other real well.

Brett
N2DTS