[AMRadio] West Coast Activity?

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Tue Apr 3 14:28:27 EDT 2007

When the band is open, most AM operation is between
7270 to 7300 around New Jersey (eastern US and Canada really).
7290 and 7295 used to be very popular, and I try to get on
7285 as there is a broadcast hole there, otherwise carriers start
about 2pm on 7290 sometimes.

Lately, before the band crapped out, I used to wait for SSB
operators that seemed to have skeds there, they would clear out
by 10AM or so.
In the past, after the ssb guys were gone, there would be 3 or 4
round tables right next to each other, with 6 or so people
in each, all running everything you can think of, art-13,
Gonset G76, a 32V3, an old Missner thing, a home brew screen
modulated whatever, a kenwood, a globe scout, a ranger, a DX 60b
and a desk killowatt.

Things would roll on till about 3pm when the broadcast stuff
made it to rough to continue.

You had people from Canada and everything east of the Mississippi,
some doing 20 over 9 with 25 watts and so on.

Brett