[AMRadio] Rebuttal to K4KYV

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 11:22:27 EDT 2007

On 4/4/07, Bill Hardage <k5uy at k5uy.com> wrote:
> The ham's he's calling "names" are all
> accomplished experienced ham's and have exceptional antennas, in many cases
> directional.

Based on your assertion here vs. Don's many years of on air
experiences along with my personal experiences, I'd sure like to see
you back up that statement. There are literally mountains (in
bytespeak) of audio evidence to prove otherwise. In particular,
recordings of SSB ops claiming they will 'run off the AMers'. Seems to
me an "accomplished ham" doesn't participate in the nonsense many of
these guys do.

Also(and in my *opinion*), your comments about today's technology vs
the mode of AM clearly show your biased view, along with your lack of
knowledge on the true matters at hand. Any night of the week I can
listen to SSB ops from across the country talking about their 'big'
amps, as they tune up for long periods in an attempt to drive off AM
activity. Maybe not 'every' SSB ops, but plenty from 4 and 5 Land. I
witnessed it firsthand several weeks ago during a contact between VT
and California.

It might be time for you to do some further investigating and revise
your biased views just a tad. Particularly the 'nulls in the
conversations'.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ