[AMRadio] Rebuttal to K4KYV

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Wed Apr 4 11:59:43 EDT 2007

Bill:

Your opinion is well stated however there are a couple of
points I would like the make.

The fact that you and your associates  moved to 3.686.5 may
indicate you feel that the frequency has become someone's
property and immune to other operators using it.  I hope you
do not believe that to be the case.  Frequencies are shared
by everyone, first come, first served.  If you or anyone is
just monitoring a frequency without active communication
means it is open to anyone who wishes to call CQ.

I do wish you would explain how you determined the bandwidth
of 15 kc?  Could you explain how this was done so we could
understand how you arrived at that figure?  As for Don's
intentions, they are as valid as yours, again no frequency
or bandwidth is owned.  If Don calls CQ on a frequency that
does not have active communications, then he has the right
to do so in any approved mode he wishes, as you do.

But to "guard" a frequency until someone known appears is
not a legal claim nor acceptable practice.  So if you would
please expand on your post, and do not be personal about the
operators in question or those who have responded to you
thus far.

Jim
W5JO