[AMRadio] AM Windows!

Bob Macklin macklinbob at msn.com
Wed Apr 4 12:33:37 EDT 2007

Responding  to Petes, wa2cwa comments:

I have no problem with people moving into the new area to get away from the
other problems.It just exculdes thos of us with General tickets.

I would think the thing to do is to use the AM message boards to establish
new frequencies to call or monitor. Just so the othe people know where to
look.

I know my local group (the NW AMers) hang on 3870. I knew about the late
afternoon/early evening activity. Yesterday I checked the AM net list on the
AM Window website and found the also work on that frequency starting at
9:30PM. So I left the SB-301 sitting on that frequency while I watched the
ballgame. Sure enought at 9:30PM AM activity did start. But because of my
location relative to theirs, the signals were not strong enough to easily
copy. This area id VERY HILLY and they are all over the hill from me. And
their ground wave does not seem to be making it here to the base of the
valley. A friend up the hill about 500' does much better with them.

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Near Seattle, Wa

"Real Radios Glow In The Dark"