[AMRadio] Rebuttal to K4KYV

John E. Coleman (ARS WA5BXO) wa5bxo2006 at pctechref.com
Wed Apr 4 13:17:22 EDT 2007

I have known Don, K4KYV a long time and Have never know any transmissions
from the K4KYV memorial station to be 15KC wide, 7KCs maybe.  Don has a very
linear modulation system with very low intermodulation or harmonic
distortion.  He has an audio filter that cuts off pretty sharp in the 3KC
range.  He does not over modulate.

When Don is 40DB over 9, and that is about all the time here in the Houston
area, I can still copy interference free, SSB stations just out side of the
4-5KC mark from his carrier frequency.  I can operate another AM rig at 8 KC
from his carrier frequency.  Broadcast stations with a 10KC channel don't
meet his specs.

Don being wide is as much of a bunch of BS as Otis running over 1KW, as he
has been accused.  It is simply not true.

John, WA5BXO