[AMRadio] AM Windows!

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 15:20:11 EDT 2007

On 4/4/07, Jim Wilhite <w5jo at brightok.net> wrote:
> Bob what I am urging is that some of us move from those
> calling frequencies to other areas where you can operate.
> There are a couple of guys here that I like to talk to and
> one is a general.  We meet on 3.890 and move to an open
> frequency near 3.825 - 35 several times a week.

A-HA! So *that's* where you've been hiding! The noise has been so bad
up this way in the 3870-3885 swath that I figured I just wasn't
hearing you guys anymore. Brian was down on 3725 or 30 one night when
I came on late, it was the strongest and clearest I'd heard him. The
old 'window' is pretty much unusable here most nights due to the
noise, jamming, band changes and so on. Weekend mornings and
afternoons are great, but once it starts getting dark....

I'll definitely listen in the area you mentioned, and give a yell once
the transmitter is fixed.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ