[AMRadio] West Coast Activity?

DOXEMF at aol.com DOXEMF at aol.com
Wed Apr 4 15:30:09 EDT 2007

"Bob Macklin"  writes:

> Wish I had a panadapter for the SB-301. It's easier to look over at
>the scope every few minutes than trying to tune around all day.<

Hello Bob,

  I run an old Tektronics spectrum analyzer on my primary IF
of 6mhz while working on the bench all day.
  It is one of the advantages of having a well equipt bench and it sure makes keeping an eye on the entire band easy.
  Propagation conditions are easily seen.

  While this is setup is not for everyone, the modern software receivers offer a good spectrum display and really could be used just for that function.

 Hallicrafters also had a 455 kc panadaptor with a 2 inch screen that works pretty well for how simple it is.

  Seeing AM modulated carrier pop up on the screen is a lot more practical the knob twiddling for hours. Especilly in high noise or crowded conditions.

  Good Luck!
Bill,
KB3DKS/1