[AMRadio] West Coast Activity?

Bob Macklin macklinbob at msn.com
Wed Apr 4 15:52:56 EDT 2007

Bill, KB3DKS/1 comments:

<<While this is setup is not for everyone, the modern software receivers
offer a good spectrum display and really could be used just for that
function.

 Hallicrafters also had a 455 kc panadaptor with a 2 inch screen that works
pretty well for how simple it is.>>

My main receiver is a SB-301. I have often thought about trying to get a
SB-620 panadapter for it. But you never know what you are going to get. I
have thought about building my own. It would just take time. One of the
Heath scopes (HO-10, SB-610, or SB-614) could provide the scope parts. I do
have a working SB-610 and a SB-614, so iy might just be a case of building
the scanning unit and piping it into one of these. The SB-614 has X/Y inputs
for a TTY display so that could be use for the panadapter.

I do have the manuals on both the HO-13 and SB-620 so I could (and may)
proceed from there.

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Near Seattle, Wa