[AMRadio] AM Windows!

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Wed Apr 4 16:55:54 EDT 2007

Since the band expansion some people have been moving about
some.  Not nearly as much as I would like to see, but there
are places where AM turns up.  One of the disadvantages you
have in trying to work back into he Central US is the time
zone.

You will overlap us from about 8 your time until about 9.
Dial around and listen for us.  However with the Spring and
Summer storms we have hear, you might just find us on SSB,
depending on the band propagation and noise level.  We only
do the SSB thing when conditions are terrible.

I just looked at radar near Galveston, TX and there is a
bunch of T storm activity off the South Texas coast.  That
will bring havoc to us tonight.  If it were not for that,
the rest of the Central, Western and Southern US looks good.
So we would probably be on.

Whatever you do, plan on next Fall and Winter.  But in the
meantime listen for the 3.870 group along the West Coast.
Anyone would be happy to make contact with someone in your
territory.  I haven't worked Washington on AM since my early
days.

73  Jim
W5JO