[AMRadio] AM vs SSB???

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 13:06:37 EDT 2007

On 4/5/07, Peter Markavage <manualman at juno.com> wrote:
> I would put the $200 aside until a Heath DX-100, 100B, Apache or similar
> type plate modulated rig came along. It will be several years before the
> solar cycle makes good improvements to the higher HF bands.

Not only that, after Irb W2VJZ's estate auction next month, the market
should be flooded with DX 100s in various states of repair. Wonder how
many he had? A dozen or more?

There was a beautiful DX-100 at a surplus shop in Portland a few years
ago, for well under $100. Probably long gone now, but they do show up.
Pete's right - put your money into something you can use and enjoy
now. There must be some folks out there who can help you out, Bob.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ