[AMRadio] Re: Anyone on the air tonight?

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Thu Apr 5 13:09:13 EDT 2007

> Bow wrote:
>> Hey AM'ers
>>
>> Anyone on the air tonight?
>>
>> I guess my PW Icom IC-718 doesn't have enough to check into the big net
>> on
>> 3880..
>>
>> Is anyone else on tonight that wants to give it a QSO a shot?
>>
>> I am in Houston TX.
>>

> if Short Skip is in, then I'll see you on3.880 in about 10 minutes...
>
> --
> 73 = W5OMR

I just looked at the lightning storm map.  Very little T-storm activity.  If
things stay quiet, and it's supposed to be near record cold here for the
next couple of days, I plan to get on 75 and maybe 160.

I called CQ on 3710 last night (Wed evening/Thurs morning) and had a
30-minute QSO with a ricebox on AM, his first time to try out the mode.  No
other AM breakers, but his 40 watts handled the QRN pretty well until he
started to fade out at the end.  Then heard some of  the regulars up on 3880
or '85 from the northeast full quieting into here,  but by then I was too
tired to go outside and re-set the external antenna tuner at the base of the
tower, so I just  listened for a while.

Don k4kvy