[AMRadio] Antenna current

david knepper collinsradio at adelphia.net
Thu Apr 5 19:57:25 EDT 2007

I just built a Zepp antenna with tuned feeders:  length of antenna is 247
feet with 45 feet of feedline using 5 inch spreaders.

Why am I getting more antenna current in one lead than the other?  I
inserted an RF meter in each feedline before the antenna tuner.  I believe
that the current was about 1.5 and 1.7 R.F. ampere respectively at 3.870
Mhz.

Thank you

Dave, W3ST/W3CRA
Publisher of the Collins Journal
www.collinsra.com - the CRA Website
Now with PayPal
CRA Nets: 3.805 Mhz every Monday at 8 PM EDST
and 14.253 Mhz every Saturday at 12 Noon EDST
Collins Chatroom - Daily at 4 PM EDST on 7.208  Mhz