Globe 350 Re: [AMRadio] 4-65's

RJ Mattson rjmattson at hvi.net
Thu Apr 5 20:46:10 EDT 2007

Hi Jim
I am always looking for substitutes for my Champs AX9909's.
The top of the list are two 5894's with the plates wired in parallel. I
believe there was a article in ER with is conversion?
How did you get the HV up to 1500v?
Would an additional fil xmfr resolve cathode modulation or could a DC fil
ckt and cap decoupling be the solution?
I have a stock of both 4-65s and 5894/7854s
bob...w2ami