[AMRadio] AM - characteristics

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Fri Apr 6 09:08:31 EDT 2007

Maybe it's just my old ears, but ssb sounds better to me on the R-390 or
SP-600 than it does on the FT-1000MP.  Maybe I just like those receivers so
much better I am imagining it sounds better.  When someone is using their
processor excessively on ssb, which seems to be the norm, I never can get it
to sound right.

...two cents worth
Rick/K5IZ

My big problem with ssb apparently stems from my total lack
of pitch.
I can tune an ssb signal for hours and it just does not sound
right.

AM is easy to zero beat, and even if you don't, sounds just as good.

Brett
N2DTS